Will I Have to Bunk with Hitler?

Since a lot of you Christians think every non-believer will eventually end up in the same place; one day I'll meet some of the vilest creatures in the history of humanity. You, on the other hand, will meet some of the greatest minds in the history of humanity. I bet you're nervous in attempting to come up with the right words to say when you meet Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for the first time. I would just steer away from anything similar to, "I'm really on board with your, 'judge people by the content of their character,' philosophy"; especially if you drove by the all-black church every Sunday on your way to the all-white church.

Meanwhile I'm nervous about something completely different, and that is trying to figure out how to keep that depraved Adolf Hitler off my ass. You'd think Satan would insist upon strict control of the entire population in hell, but if Satan is really on his game he'll give the worst of the worst free reign over us conscience-filled non-believers.

I know it's the equivalent of throwing non-Christian, non-felons in the same penitentiary as murderers and rapists, not for any horrific act they committed, simply for the beliefs roaming around in their heads, but if that's what the Bible says...


If Hitler has free reign in hell, for all of eternity he'll be able to brutalize the same people he tortured on earth. And wouldn't Satan actually reward horrific behavior on earth?

That's the problem with a one-size fits-all approach to punishment, and why the American justice system is smart enough to vary sentences depending upon the crime committed.

Or does God, who supposedly created the heavens and earth, have no control over what happens to those who don't believe the Bible is a historically accurate book?

But I suppose I'm naive in my belief that, if there is a residence for our souls, those who acted with kindness, without regard for possible reward, will be propped up, while those who treated their fellow man harshly will face some sort of punishment.

I know not all you Christians believe there is a horrific destination where those who don't share your faith will eventually reside, but if all the good people in the world don't go to the same place, does it really matter?

No comments: